Wednesday, June 22, 2011
How to try Ubuntu on your PC.
Ubuntu is an Operating System based on GNU/Linux which is which is open-source, that means that everyone everyday, helps improve it by writing code, fixing bugs and other stuff. And today I'm going to show you how to install it/test drive it on your PC.
So, you have two options: Make a bootable USB, or a Live CD.
First, how to make a bootable USB :
1. Click here to download Universal USB Installer.
2. Then click here and press download to download the ISO file. [This may take a while]
3. After installing the Universal USB Installer and downloading the ISO file, run the Universal USB Installer.
4. Click I Agree.
5. On the dropdown menu, select Ubuntu 11.04
6. Click browse and find the ISO file that you just downloaded.
7. Select the corrensponding Flash Drive Letter of your USB and click install.
8. And then click OK.
9. Then just simply reboot and you should be able to boot into ubuntu.
10. If not, you should press F12 while booting, which will bring a menu that lets you choose from which drive you want to boot, and you should select the USB drive, whatever it is named.
11. And you ready to try Ubuntu.
As for how to make a Live CD. I will probably make another post for it.
Until then, hope you enjoy Ubuntu.